Advertisement

Anybeat

topic posted Fri, November 4, 2011 - 4:28 PM by  Alice
Share/Save/Bookmark
Burner owned social networking site. Kinda interesting. www.anybeat.com/ia/4e8a6db...f4be80001f3
posted by:
Alice
Advertisement
  • Re: Anybeat

Tue, November 8, 2011 - 4:15 PM
    Yay! We have spent lots of time trying to create a structure that allows for Playa-like interactions. I'm biased since I've been working to build it, but I love it.

Come play!

me on Anybeat: www.anybeat.com/#profiles/halcyon

It will be open to the public soon, but for now, you can use an invite code: www.anybeat.com/i/4e6abce2...06943000037

Wed, November 9, 2011 - 10:59 AM
      ))))))))))))))))))))))))create a structure that allows for Playa-like interactions. ((((((((((((((((((((((((

So, your Magic computer program is going to shove a pineapple up my butt, and beat me with a fungo bat?

That's what most of my "Playa Interactions" were like this year, and if your device recreates that, I really think you should be spending your time on something more useful.

I mean, sure it was kinda fun, at the time. But, I could really use some time off, from that kind of interaction.

Wed, November 9, 2011 - 3:33 PM
        Due to pressure from the legal dept., we will simply be diagrams & instructions on fruit insertion techniques. The Pine-crammer 3000 is out of commission until further notice.

Sat, November 12, 2011 - 3:59 PM
          Oh for goodness sakes, what I did is no different than pimping a fundraiser for one theme camp on another theme camps facebook group where there could be a crossover in interest. I do not work for anybeat, I'm just checking it out and I kinda like it. I picked this tribe to post in instead of one of the many other burningman centric tribes precisely because it has so many off topic posts.

"stop trying to leech away at our already dwindling userbase you hacks!!! " ~Lemur

If you truly believe that knowledge of the existence of other sites is going to kill what's left of Tribe, frankly I think you're wrong. I think that the people who are still here are fiercely loyal. I just thought that loyalty meant that they still used Tribe, not an aversion to trying new things. If you thought mentioning one other site was gonna hurt tribe, well then I guess this will just doom it to failure. (FYI: that's sarcasm right there)

I just joined pinterest, not sure what I think of it yet.
          loved kvetch on indiebride back in the day
          love altdotlife even more
          I'm a big fan of craftster
          fet life's okay. a lot of pompous posturing, you'd probably like it there :-)
          and of course facebook and google plus
          killed my myspace a while ago
          don't actually have an account on instructables, but really like it

In my local club scene we used to have people who went off on how it was your "duty" to support the scene and come out and spend money.
          I think that's BS, I think it's the job of the people who own a club or business to make people want to patronize it.
  • Unsu...

Re: Anybeat

Wed, November 9, 2011 - 3:28 AM
    here is an idea for an art project for burning man 2012:

1. Make a bigass billboard that advertises some other festival/event

2. install it in black rock city.

3. profit!!!
  • Unsu...

Re: Anybeat

Wed, November 9, 2011 - 3:32 AM
    HEY

this is offtopic and if anything a commercial advert listing!

i dont care if larry harvey himself runs it.

stop trying to leech away at our already dwindling userbase you hacks!!!

i dont care how hard you worked on it.. did you work on it as long as this community existed?!

probably not..

so.. make your own damn community!!! (i see youre trying)... but leave this one out of it..

at least, ..be loyal to the cause, yo!!! ...sheesh.

sheesh..

Wed, November 9, 2011 - 3:05 PM
      Sorry for the offense, lemur.
      I stopped by Tribe as I sometimes do and saw a post titled "Anybeat."

I consider Anybeat a gift to *The* community, but it didn't occur to me that it would be unwelcome by members of *this* community.

I've always loved this site and am happy to see that Tribe is still fulfilling your needs.
      -Halcyon

Recent topics in "Burning Man"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Tribe is way better than Facebook. Chicken 50 December 19, 2014
Want to join a camp Steamboat Ed 0 December 15, 2014
Time to come back to Tribe C 3 December 6, 2014
$1000 REWARD for a kiss: Burning Man '06 Phil 3 November 19, 2014