Advertisement

Yellow Bike Project Update

topic posted Fri, August 24, 2007 - 7:46 PM by  Linty's Wast...
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hello
I'm out at the Ranch building bikes for the Yellow Bike Project and I want you all to know that some of the bikes will have baskets, but most will not. And there aren't any lights on any of the bikes. Logistically it didn't work out as planned but we're trying our best.

If you need a basket and light bring one with you.

Thanks Fuckers

See you soon

-Linty
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Yellow Bike Project Update

Fri, August 24, 2007 - 8:38 PM
    Cool 1200 dark targets roaming the playa every night. Makes me almost sad I am not going and missing out on all the $green man$ sponsored carnage.
    • Re: Yellow Bike Project Update

Fri, August 24, 2007 - 9:14 PM
      If i would have known about this earlier i would have built one of those old "cow catcher" things on my bike, you know the ones on trains in old movies.

Sat, August 25, 2007 - 1:04 AM
        "If you need a basket and light bring one with you"

Linty, are you suggesting people to be self reliant by making sure they have some kind of illumination device on their person while roaming around at night?

my god woman, next thing you will expect them to do is bring water or something.

Sat, August 25, 2007 - 1:06 AM
          in all seriousness Linty, THANK YOU for doing whatever you are doing to make this happen. I hope it goes off well enough during and after to make it an annual thing to look forward to.

Sat, August 25, 2007 - 10:09 PM
    The Yellow Bike Project is an art project. There will be about 1,000 bicycles available throughout the city for anyone and eveyone to use. These bikes are not for you to keep, but to use to get from one place to another on playa within the city. You are not allowed to lock them up and leave them in your camp....we walk around with bolt cutters and we're not shy =o )

The reason for the lack of baskets and lights is time...we don't have the time to outfit every bike
    and the stuff was not delivered early enough.

The bikes are being painted green and have Yellow Bike stenciled on them.

Let's make this work so that we can bring it back next year.....smoother motion

Oh, and if you're ridin one nude you will be removed from the bike....pantzooka anyone?

*Snuggles*

Linty

Recent topics in "Burning Man"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
$1000 REWARD for a kiss: Burning Man '06 Phil 0 October 9, 2014
Tribe is way better than Facebook. Chicken 48 September 28, 2014
DPW Proposes Six Fixes and Sacred G for BRC Ocean 0 September 18, 2014
The Sock Drawer. 1derful 4 August 11, 2014