Advertisement

Voted Best Camp

topic posted Tue, July 12, 2011 - 9:56 PM by  Abu
Share/Save/Bookmark
Anybody else hate these guys as much as I do?

www.facebook.com/votedbestcamp
www.myspace.com/votedbestcamp
posted by:
Abu
offline Abu
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: Voted Best Camp

Wed, July 13, 2011 - 5:38 PM
    Hey, Abu,

Don't be bringing your facecrack hate here.

We've got quite enough of our own bile to go around, thank you very much.

Thu, July 14, 2011 - 4:21 AM
    I love it when tribers get upset over the ascendency of Facebook.

What will you folks DO with your lives once they forget to pay the bills for the server and tribe finally goes off line?

Hey, I just got a news flash. Tribe.net is coming out with a new version! It's been in beta for about six years now. It's coming out any day now!

Sat, July 16, 2011 - 5:46 PM
      >"What will you folks DO with your lives once they forget to pay the bills for the server and tribe finally goes off line? "

Google+

Much less stalkerly.

Sat, July 16, 2011 - 11:56 PM
        The city is massive. If you stumble across a camp you don't care for, keep moving. If anything, they should be even easier for you to avoid, since they set up in the same location year after year.
        • Abu
          Abu
          offline 0

Re: Voted Best Camp

Wed, July 20, 2011 - 6:57 PM
          Oh, we do avoid them. The problem is they are loud as fuck, abusive and belligerent, and for the past several years, they have set up right at the edge of the walk-in camping, where people who like a little peace and quiet when they sleep go to camp.

A lot of long-time burners, who remember what Burning Man was like, before the crowds showed up, camp there. I know I am not the only person these guys have pissed off, over the last few years...

If you don't believe me, stop on by their bar...2:00 & Kindergarten...

Wed, July 20, 2011 - 7:10 PM
            >"If you don't believe me, stop on by their bar...2:00 & Kindergarten..."

Wait, wait, wait... you're fucking whinging about a camp - any camp - that puts down stakes along 2-fucking-o'clock being too loud?????

Are you fucking kidding me?

If you don't want abuse or loud music then common fucking sense dictates that you stay the fuck away from 2:00 and 10:00.

You whiny little bitch.
            • Abu
              Abu
              offline 0

Wed, July 20, 2011 - 7:36 PM
              No, no...I was there first. We're talking about the very end of the 2:00 axis...at the spot where the walk-in camping meets the outer ring of streets. It's a nice place to camp, if you enjoy the desert...it used to be relatively peaceful...

Been camping in that area, since '98. I know a lot of the other people who camp there, year in, and year out...nobody likes those fuckers. The problem isn't really the music, this is Burning Man, after all...these guys just enjoy getting on their PA, and harassing the shit out anybody who passes by. Sometimes they play nice, and offer people drinks...the drinks are flat, warm, weak, cheap booze, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pissed in the mixers...no joke. They're mean. They're not good citizens of BRC...they pretty much make a mockery of everything most Burners would say Burning Man is all about.

The 2:00 and 10:00 axes are the best place to set up loud camps, for sure...I just wish these guys would set up on the 10:00 side, for once.

I got no problem with belligerent behavior at Burning Man...I do plenty, myself.

Best be careful who you call a bitch, canuckifuck...
  • Abu
    Abu
    offline 0

Sat, July 16, 2011 - 9:08 AM
    They set up in the same place, every year...right at 2:00 & outer ring, at the edge of the walk-in camping. Their favorite thing to do, is hurl verbal abuse at passers-by, via their PA system, and blast their crappy skate-punk rock. They serve weak-ass drinks at their bar. They always leave a shit-load of trash, too.

These guys have pretty much ruined that neighboohod of BRC...if you look at a the aerial maps, for the last few years, you can see a pattern emerge...every year, there is a larger and larger "dead zone" around their camp, and their constant noise pollution has made the walk in camping area near 2:00 really unpleasant.

If I see them there again, I might just have to sabotage their generator...

Sat, July 16, 2011 - 9:40 AM
      Sounds like Zaius's camp...

Sat, July 16, 2011 - 10:56 AM
        Why so hostile? I despair for the youth of today. No imagination.

While it is true that Camp Piniacolonic is staffed by rude, overbearing sternoheads, we are not loud.
        We like to offend strangers in a more quiet, personal way.
        The only noise we produce, are screams of agony, an unavoidable part of the "little brain" freeze that comes with a turkey baster full of frozen margaritas.

Sat, July 16, 2011 - 12:18 PM
          I give your creative prose a B -.

Sat, July 16, 2011 - 12:59 PM
            And I offer you high marks on your youthful cowardice.

Seriously, when you go out to the festival, what do you do?
            Just hide in your disco, or do you leave the Hippy Relocation camp, and go see the Black Rock Landscape?

You don't have enough nerve, to leave the city, do you?
            It's only familiar things for you, and your clear inability to push the envelope, is why you are weak.
    • Unsu...

Sat, July 16, 2011 - 4:12 PM
      i always thought those dead zones were because of the annoying ass dance music played at high volume nearly all of the time

Tue, July 19, 2011 - 2:52 PM
        I thought of those dead zones as dead zones. Who would want to camp that far out anyway???

Perhaps those who want to say they've been to Burning Man but don't really want to be there... Doesn't matter to me. Never been to that section myself.

Besides, we are at Burning Man!!! Who cares where we are camping? We're on playa, baby!!!

Mon, September 26, 2011 - 9:36 PM
      "they always leave a shitload of trash"

if that's true, then how come the head of playa restoration says they are the cleanest theme camp on the playa?

blog.burningman.com/2011/09/...y-thirty/

Tue, September 27, 2011 - 9:50 AM
        If your waiting for a reply from Abu, I think monkeys will fly out of your butt, first.

He's gone, and won't be back.

Now, I don't know fish heads from Voted Best camp, but, I do know the restoration crew.

You should know that they bribe real easy. Provide them with a warm,soapy, vinegar and Dr. Bronner's enema, and they will not only moop your camp, they will mark it in green, too.
        Makes sense, actually. The restoration crew truly believes that cleanliness is next to godliness, and they like to be godly deep in side their tummies.

Don't believe me? Well, Gigsville does. I gave them that advice years ago, and it works for them. After all, how else do you think the Car-B-Que gets to come back, every year?

Anyway, what I really want to know, is what happened with Wyndam Taylor's camp of homeless disease vectors?
        I looked for them everywhere, and couldn't find them. How sad.
        • Abu
          Abu
          offline 0

Fri, September 30, 2011 - 3:14 PM
          Well...maybe I was wrong about Voted Best Camp leaving a mess, this year. What I said was true, from previous years, though...

Congratulations, Voted Best Campers...you're now officially part of the Burning Man community that you always said you hated so much!

I guess it means you're growing up...

Recent topics in "Burning Man"