Advertisement

Feedback requested

topic posted Thu, November 1, 2012 - 4:45 PM by  Kamikaze
Share/Save/Bookmark
I found this a good/honest read. I have known, worked with, and on a few occasions, lived with the 6 Board of Directors of Burningman LLC.
This article captures some of the many reasons that I think they are full of shit and lost any perception of the 10 Principles when they started to become VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE..
burners.me/2012/10/31/m...new-saturday/
posted by:
Kamikaze
Missouri
Advertisement
  • Re: Feedback requested

Wed, November 7, 2012 - 2:01 AM
    The article was interesting, although the editorial slant was a bit steep.
    The author writes like he majors in conspiracy theory, over at the local art school.

The real interesting parts are the comments.

Especially Chicken John. His usual purple tinged rants of hyperbole have gone simply delusional.

First he squirts guilt for Paul's self imposed misfortune on everyone in the phone book.

Then he compares Paul to both George Washington, and Jesus Christ.

It's creepy when we are told that"Paul went to jail for our sins"

John's level of anger and remorse make it sound like maybe the sins Paul went to jail for, belong to those who encouraged him.

In any case, John does not sound good.

I personally don't care, but if someone out there does, you should think about taking away his guns for a while. Maybe his BART pass as well.

Suicides often come in waves, this may be your chance to stop the next one, before it happens.

Wed, November 7, 2012 - 2:05 PM
      "Certainly his actions generated a huge amount of rancor, but to what extent was his early burn a product of criminality and madness,"

Let's not forget that he put lives at risk when he burned the man the first time around. That was criminal.

There must have been at least a couple hundreds of comments on tribe discussing the early burn and NONE mentioned that anyone (including him) had checked to see if there were any people sleeping (or passed out) beneath the man before he torched it. Think of all the safety and thought put into the Burn when done the right way.

I think it was right to throw the book at him.

That said, my heart goes out to his friends and family. Suicide is such a tragedy. Folks, believe me, things do change and there are many people out there and in this community that can help or recommend people that can help if you are thinking suicidal thoughts.

Mon, November 12, 2012 - 11:24 AM
        Wow...

I haven't lost my knack for killing a thread.

Not sure if I should be ashamed or proud.

I guess I'll go with proud, I can live with it better than shame.

I'm tribes Official Thread Killer!

Tue, November 13, 2012 - 1:23 AM
          Tribe is so moribund, that simply killing a thread isn't enough anymore.

No, kind Sir, threads are keeling over, right and left, without help from anybody.

It's sad, but true.

If we wait here long enough, 2002 will call on us, and want their social media back.

Recent topics in "Burning Man"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Tribe is way better than Facebook. Chicken 41 August 30, 2014
The Sock Drawer. 1derful 4 August 11, 2014
Linking multiple Honda 2000i generators Greg 9 July 18, 2014
Let's fly onto the Playa! Sheri 2 July 14, 2014